About Girls For A Change
Girls For A Change (GFC) is a national organization that empowers girls to create social change. We invite young women to design, lead, fund and implement social change projects that tackle issues girls face in their own neighborhoods.
GFC empowers girls for personal and social transformation. The program inspires girls to have the voice, ability and problem solving capacity to speak up, be decision makers, create visionary change and realize their full potential.
Our Vision:Through GFC, girls develop the voice, ability and problem solving capacity to speak up, be decision makers, create visionary change and realize their full potential. We seek to address the very heart of issues confronting girls – increasing confidence in their own voice and convictions, developing life-skills, and improving the ability to identify paths and resources within their communities that can contribute to positive change and break cycles for a lifetime.
We envision a world where girls with strong voices become active leaders and passionately engaged citizens, impacting not only their own neighborhoods but also their nations as girls become informed and participating citizens in their civic, political and cultural communities. By connecting them with adult women trained to serve as volunteer coaches, girls develop trusted relationships with powerful role models for civic engagement while women become strong advocates for girls and their neighborhoods.
GFC uses its core values in decision making and daily operations. Volunteers of the organization are also trained to use the core values when representing GFC. GFC is a social change organization that supports girls in fully developing their voice, ability, and problem solving capacity to realize their full potential.
- GFC values girls as a powerful and unique resource for creating social change.
- GFC values the process of creating social change.
- GFC values being intentionally innovative, risk taking and visionary to make broad and lasting impact.
- GFC values people being in a place of self-fullness* in order to create change. People are the organization’s most valuable asset.
- GFC values direct and honest communication to ensure authenticity in the creation of social change
- GFC values the diversity of all women and girls and believes diverse and unlikely relationships are personally transformative and key elements to creating social change.
Click here to read more about our history.