Bring GFC To Your Community
Starting a Girl Action Team in Your Community
What It Takes to Start a Team
- A liaison who is connected to a school or organization in the community. A liaison can be a community member, school faculty, organizational staff, etc.
- Ability to pay the fee required to start a team or raise the money needed for the team in your community or partner with GFC in doing securing the funds. See more details about the cost of the program here.
- A completed application. Download it here: Starting A Girl Action Team Application.
- Two (2) women volunteers who will act as GFC Coaches – women volunteers need to commit to guiding a group of 10-15 girls through a 12-week program and attend trainings via webinar. Coaches must be 18 years of age or older. See more about the GFC Coach commitment: Being A GFC Coach.
- A community who will support the Girl Action Team in implementing the Social Change Project.
- A safe space for the Girl Action Team meetings.
GFC Starter Kit* that includes:
Coach Toolbox: manuals for Coaches with guidance for implementing the GFC Program
10-15 Girl Action Kits: an interactive social change workbook for girls
Pre and Post Surveys for girls
And much more
GFC staff support on raising funds in your community to start a Girl Action Team.
Online orientation and trainings for GFC Coaches via webinars, plus coach training videos on the GFC website (through the Coach Portal)
Evaluation data analysis results for your site
Ongoing support in managing your Girl Action Team by phone, email, online resources as well as multiple Coach Trainings.
Access to America Learns, an online database for Coaches used as a reporting system for team meetings.
Recognition of the partnership, national media opportunities, and use of the GFC logo.
PLEASE NOTE: If we have filled the number of slots available for teams, you may be asked to sign up for our waiting list.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com