Be A Coach!
Join us in changing the lives of girls!As a volunteer coach you will work with a partner coach and group of 5-20 girls. Coaches guide the girls through identifying a problem in their community and solving it over the course of 12 weeks. Most importantly coaches show girls that they are powerful, important and valued. The coach position is a dynamic and rewarding experience that leads to connections with girls and other adult women in your area, implementation of a social change project and a contribution toward putting women at the global leadership tables.
Watch our coaching video here!
To become a coach in Phoenix contact the Florence Crittenton Center at:
Download PHX Application
To become a coach in Silicon Valley or any of our other locations email Tanya Beat.
Download SV Application
BenefitsRead what women have to say about the life-changing experiences as GFC coaches! You'll also gain:
- A NETWORK OF PROFESSIONAL WOMEN
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
- GROUP MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- FACILITATION SKILLS
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- COACHING SKILLS
- PUBLIC SPEAKING AND FUNDRAISING SKILLS
- CREATION OF SOCIAL CHANGE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GIRLS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Where: Girls who are members of GFC are either in middle school or high school. On the coach application you will be able to tell us your preference for location and times of meetings so that we can match you with the team that best fits your schedule.
Training: We also offer coach training sessions that assist coaches in working with teams, youth development, managing a social change project in partnership with girls and networking with other professional women. GFC coaches say that their GFC training enhances their professional skills - from communication to project planning. All coach trainings are offered on a Saturday. Once you are accepted as a coach, you will receive a calendar of the orientation and training dates in your area.
- Ability to fully commit to a 12 week volunteer assignment from August-December or January-May
- Ability to attend MANDATORY coach orientation and one additional training during the program cycle
- Willingness to be screened and fingerprinted.
- Willingness to work in partnership with another volunteer coach.
- Desire to encourage, inspire, empower, ignite and engage young women to develop their leadership abilities and implement social change projects.
- Willingness to be flexible and open to the organic process that youth projects often take.
Want to learn more?Check out our Coach FAQ Read Coach Requirements and Next Steps
For more information contact:
408-529-7226 or email@example.com